[C38] Shaft log size

D. R. Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 18 09:45:45 EDT 2008

Our original packing gland works well. It doesn't drip. I replace the
packing material with each haul out, every four years.
We use the Gortex type material to which Tom refers. The packing gland
is something that has stood the test of time (28 years!).
Don Strong
Hull 50, Discreet Charm
San Francisco Bay

Donald R. Strong