[C38] Roller Furler Stuck

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 1 01:00:45 EDT 2008

Hi, Steve,
	Most roller furlers require that the sail be fully hoisted.  Thus to
use a smaller sail, the sail would be held at the bottom with a bit of
wire and shackle so the head would reach full hoist height.  If hat is
not feasible in your situation I suspect that the feeder bit at the top
would have to be a bit with wire in it to hold the halyard in the right
position to prevent wrapping the halyard around the furler.

	the typical angle for the line between the head of the sail and the
furler block is about 30degrees minimum measured from the head of the
sail along the feeder.

Regards,