[C38] Stuck Roller Furling

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 09:41:18 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

Halyard wrap can really ruin the top extrusion. I have a 125% that is 6"
short on a hood 900SL, so I added a rope pennant (larger than 6" you are
supossed to use wire, but I didn't took the chance and installed a halyard
restrainer, just in case!!! I used the Shaefer, the one without the block,
for less maintenance. It barely fits because the two jib halyard exits are
just 1/4" apart from each other.

 It works great and I just roll the furler without any concerns of halyard
wrap. Before this, I looked up every time I rolled the sail to avoid this
situation. Not easy to get extrusion here in CR.

Regards,
Max Soto C38 #198 ESTANCIA Puntarenas, Costa Rica