[C38] Galley plumbing

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 2 16:48:56 EDT 2008

Hello Phil,

I ran our galley pump from our raw water supply to the engine pump with a
tee.  We have had this arrangement for 15 yrs and have never had a problem.
The one way valves in the galley pump seem to be adequate to prevent air or
water to be sucked back into the engine pump.

Tom Troncalli
Renata, hull #95
St. Pete, Fla

abandoned in place.  The supply came from a tee in the diesel's raw water
supply.  This seems like a dubious plan to me. Does anyone else have this
arrangement; and does the diesel suck air back through the system?  The
only other choices would be the toilet intake in the bow and the new ac
intake installed by the PO.  The toilet intake can overflow the toilet, so
we leave it off.  The ac has the same problem with suction, but it wouldn't
be dammaged by sucking air- it just wouldnt work as well.

> If you do have this galley supply, please tell me if you use a cheapie
backflow preventer, a vacuum break, or something more substantial to
prevent backflow.

> My inclination is to put a vacuum breaker loop on the toilet supply and
tee off of it.  But if there isn't a problem, I guess I won't bother.