[C38] Maybe a C-38

Glen Robinson g.a.robinson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 18 12:47:13 EST 2008

Mike,
We live in Stockton, CA, in the San Joaquin Delta.  Lots of narrow, protected water; lots of tacking, lots of Spinnaker runs with no room for mistakes.  We learned to sail in our swing keel (did I mention lots of shallows in a constantly-changing river) C-25, purchased in 1980, traded for a C-30 in "84, which we cruised in the Delta, the S.F. Bay, and the CA coast from Bodega to Monterrey.
When we decided to cruise Mexico, we moved aboard the C-30 for a local 6-mo "test cruise."  We found we wanted more storage, more range, and better performance, so we did the only (for us) logical thing: we replaced the 30 with our C-38, "SNOWBIRD" in '95.
We sailed the Sea of Cortez in '96-'97 then trucked SNOWBIRD back to the Delta (Much of that has been reported in this venue and Lat.38).  It literally was the trip of a lifetime!
Now, sadly, life gets in the way of sailing:  Age and health plus increased use of our RV--when we get time away from business and family--means less, and less use of SNOWBIRD.
Common sense and the love of such a thoroughbred, has led us to the decision that it is time to move her on to someone who will appreciate and use her, rather than watch her waste away in the slip (We've been 2 yrs making this difficult decision).  She has been carefully and extensively modified for cruising and comfort, and has excellent sails and equipment.
If you, or someone you know, may be interested, contact me through the List, or directly at g.a.robinson at sbcglobal.net.  Phone 209-365-7433 to discuss any particulars.
glen