[C38] Snow

Gus Woods GWoods at restaurant.org
Tue Dec 23 09:35:04 EST 2008

I have followed the exchange of messages about how to handle cold weather with interest. I always leave everything closed inside the cabin except the bilge which always gets wet and needs some ventilation. On the Chesapeake the air temperature is currently 20 degrees but the water is 38 degrees so I think it is good to isolate the engine area from the colder outside air as much as possible to take advantage of the warmer  water in your slip.

I once spent a few seconds swimming in the ocean at Big Sur so I  know that our water is probably a little warmer now than you West Coast people get ever get but  your water  is probably still liquid so it is warmer than the arctic air some of you currently have(I can get my digs too!).