[C38] Travelers

David Epstein davidepstein at seicontrol.com
Mon Mar 23 00:35:06 EDT 2009

Steve,

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to upgrade to the Garhauer
straight traveller, which is considerably better than the original
curved version.  With the straight traveller, you can travel up and
down without changing the sheet tension.   Garhauer made some
"custom" stainless steel adapters for my '38 to accommodate the shape
of the cabin top (see the attached photos).  You may need to modify
your dodger but IMHO, it is well worth it.

The folks at Garhauer are really great to work with, and the
cost/performance ratio can't be beat.

David Epstein
SuperStar, #122
Marina del Rey, CA

At 12:24 PM 3/22/2009, you wrote:

>My Traveler gave up the ghost yesterday, I believe it is original
>equipment.   Does anyone know if a replacement is available or do I
>need to upgrade and replace the track?  I couldnt find one on
>Catalina Direct and there are no markings as far as part number or
>manufacturer.   If it comes to replacing the system, what are your
>suggestions and experiences with other systems.  I'm not excited
>about filling the old holes and drilling new ones the other problem
>is my dodger was made around the current lead positions for the
>traveler controller lines.  Thanks.
>
>Steve
>Peregrine #312
>Seattle

David Epstein
President, Sound Solutions
Chairman, CEA TechHome Division
Member of the CEA Board of Industry Leaders
Member, CEA Division Executive Board
Tel 310.398.0032
Fax 310.398.0036
www.soundsolutions.com