[C38] Travelers

ssorton at sbcglobal.net ssorton at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 23 01:11:56 EDT 2009

Steve S.

  I would definitely go with Garhaurer.  Both Garhaurer and Harkin have good
engineered products, but Garhaurer engineers for durability, while Harkin
engineers for weight.  For our boats (8 tons) a few pounds here and there
won't make a bit of difference.  The price is right- 1/2 the other brands.
The curved track is not a good design as when you ease of the car, you have
to also ease off the sheet to keep a constant vertical load on the boom,
thereby maintaining a constant main draft.  Also the design for a curved
track car becomes more complex unless you stay with the 2 rollers per side.

Steve O
Santa Susanna, 304