[C38] Engine exhaust system

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 16:07:12 EST 2009

Dear List,

I am upgrading the exhaust for my Yanmar 3GM30 from 1 5/8" to 2" as
recommended by Yanmar.  My problem lies in the height difference between the
bottom of the exhaust elbow and the top of the water lift muffler.  With the
90 degree turn to take the exhaust across to the muffler, there is only
about 5 inches between the centerline of the exhaust and the platform that
the muffler sits on.  There are side in/top out mufflers but I wonder about
the opportunity for water to back up into the hose between the elbow and the
muffler.

Has anyone else solved this problem?

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda