[C38] Asym

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Sun Jan 18 01:40:48 EST 2009

Hi All,

We had our first race today, a very casual series and had not intended to fly the chute until we had had properly rigged her for easy chute work, well after rounding the mark and watching the other chutes go up, well the competitveness came out and we put it up anyway.   Imagine my surprise when the bag marked cruising spinnaker actually had a chute cut for a much smaller boat,  yep we had so much visibility under that sail it was truley amazing, not to mention a little embarrasing.  (we did finish 1 second off of first).  I reviewed earlier posts for asym measurements and only found one response with measurements.  Does anyone have any current data on dimensions.   We also rigged it for gybing around the front of the forestay, with the genoa on a roller furler I didnt like the chafing of the sheet on the new sail, Phil you mentioned gybing it inside like a head sail, any other suggestions, I know Alden uses the sock for each gybe.

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seatte