[C38] Cutless Bearing Replacement

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Sun Feb 8 18:09:42 EST 2009

On my boat, the prop shaft will not slide past the rudder.  To remove the
prop shaft, one time I dropped the rudder a bit (didn't need to completely
remove it).  The other time I had the engine out anyway and took it out
through the engine compartment.

I think you can replace the cutlass bearing without removing the prop shaft.
It takes a special tool but I think there are many boatyards that have such
a tool.

Good luck.

Rich West, Legacy, #360, Los Angeles