[C38] Measurement request

Charles charles at finn.ws
Mon Mar 30 18:25:16 EDT 2009

I generate 195 watts of solar when the sun is out , with an additional
400 watt wind generator (optimal).  So, I figure for every minute the
microwave is on...  I need about 10 minutes of sun (conservatively).
Most of the time my batteries are topped out and given the fact all my
nav/ cabin lights are LED or flourescent...  I have power to burn on the
fridge, microwave and radar, with the only conservation issues being the
autohelm and nighttime....  BTW, the three units I have listed use about
1050 watts, which is about as efficient as a magnetron can get at this
point.
cf