[C38] Measurement request

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:20:43 EDT 2009

Charles,
Remember that if the microwave has a an output power of 700w, it usually
takes more energy than what it produces.
For example, I have an LG 700w, but the input is 1050w. Some other 700w
microwaves have an imput up to 1300w.
So just in case, check the back of the microwaves for the real imput power.

Hope this helps.

2009/3/30 Charles <charles at finn.ws>

> Bill,
> Three models under consideration at this point:
>
> 1.  Avanti 700w stainless microwave,  10 1/2"H x 18"W x 13 3/4"D  Price:
> 89.95 at Staples.com
> 2.  Tappan 700w NOT stainless microwave,  18" W x 11-5/8" H x 13-1/2 D
>  Price: $123.95 at Sailorsams.com
> 3.  Contour 700w stainless microwave,  17" wide x 10-1/8" high x 12-3/4"
> deep  Price: $124.95  at Sailorsams.com
> The stainless on  the two models models appears to be cosmetic.
>
> If other folks out there have other/better ideas...  Please let me/us know!
> cf
>
> William Knowles wrote:
>
>> Charles we are  also thinking of a micro. What kind are you looking at?
>> This sounds like a perfect size.
>>
>> Bill Flying Goose  #324
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Charles <charles at finn.ws <mailto:
>> charles at finn.ws>> wrote:
>>
>>    I am thinking of installing a microwave oven on the port-side
>>    shelf just forward of the galley.  I am about 700 miles from my
>>    boat, so I was wondering if someone a bit closer could send me the
>>    shelf measurement (height and depth)?
>>    Why a microwave?  We drink a lot of tea,  noodles, an soup and I
>>    have the inverter capacity to run a 700 watt microwave. Microwave
>>    dimensions are:  18" wide,  11 5/8 high, 13 1/2 deep.
>>
>>    Thanks,
>>    Charles Finn
>>    Mighty Quinn,  #114
>>    Great Lakes