[C38] Referral

littlebreeze at comcast.net littlebreeze at comcast.net
Fri Apr 17 23:38:57 EDT 2009

Steve

How about a couple of photos?

Kerry
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Smolinske" <SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com>
To: "Catalina 38 Listserve" <listserve at catalina38.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:08:00 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [C38] Referral

I just rebuilt my traveler car (duplicated the old design out of stainless) and upgraded the system to a 4:1 purchase. This was the most cost effective versus replacing the system like I had thought about earlier. Thank you all for your input on the traveler questions. In the process of upgrading the end control cars (I removed the pins and welded a stainless pad eye, replaced the sheaves and put it back together). The cars are garhauer and the local chandlery didnt have replacements but they suggested a company called zephyrwerks their site is zephyrwerks.com I gave them the measurements and the next day the parts showed up via UPS. the price was reasonable and the quality is excellent they came made to the correct dimensions and included a bronze bushing. If you have similiar situations come up they are worth checking out.

Steve
Peregrine #312
Catalina 38
_______________________________________________ Listserve mailing list Listserve at catalina38.org http://catalina38.org/mailman/listinfo/listserve_catalina38.org