[C38] Tiller?

Bob Porter hiawatha at localnet.com
Mon May 11 06:36:43 EDT 2009

Hello back;

I retro-fitted Hiawatha with a tiller when I bought her. I'm an avid racer
and bought the Catalina 38 because they were designed for a tiller.

The tiller gives you a much better feel for the boat, especially in light
wind. On the otherhand, its a bit of a handful in heavy air going downwind
or when you are over powered (to much sail up) to weather.

I love it and would not switch back.

Bob Porter