[C38] Tiller?

Rod and Patti Headlee ja38 at earthlink.net
Mon May 11 09:03:15 EDT 2009

Hi,
 Joint Adventure is tiller steered. I wouldn't have it any other way. After putting 10k miles on her, sailing down to the South Pacific, I don't see how you guys can sit back there and use a wheel. It's pretty wet all the time at the stern seat and when we take green water from large waves, I couldn't imagine having to be there. Our monitor steers most of the time but in certain instances I just pop the chain off and hand steer. We also store some jerry jugs and various items back there, it's kind of no mans land for us.

Rod
S/V Joint Adventure
hull #12