[C38] Tiller?

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Mon May 11 09:47:46 EDT 2009

This is encouraging to read.

The wheel/high seat is nice when we're under motor in flat water, but
those are just the sort of conditions we try to avoid. When it's gentle
you're kind of stuck back there by yourself, and when you drive the boat
hard, it's not the best ergonomics: sitting doesn't give enough torque,
and standing is feet wet. I end up standing on spoke and steering with my
feet. All in all, I like it better with the windvane engaged and sitting
forward, or sitting infront of the wheel and steering tiller style.

A couple of questions:

*Anyone have an idea where I can find the fitting that will connect my
tiller to my rudder post?

*Where do you have your instruments and motor controls mounted? We've got
our one-lever throttle forward/reverse lever on the pedistal, and plotter
and fishing finder. Mostly that's pretty handy for times when we really
need them. But of course I end up taking the plotter off and setting it on
a towel on the bench when we're making coastwise runs with the windvane
engaged.