[C38] Spinnakers

Charles charles at finn.ws
Sun May 24 10:53:39 EDT 2009

Steve,
My wife was really on me about having so many sails lying around
(especially since I had just purchased a couple more).  My philosophy is
"who can possibly have too many sails," but my wife seems to think
taking a whole room to store sails you are not going to use is a wast of
space.....  To keep the peace, I sent 8-9 sails down to Bacon including
a main and all the head sails I no longer used once I went to
roller-furling.   With one exception (a Norlam jib that was partially
delaminated), I had been using and they all worked extremely well.  I
would note that Bacon is quite particular about listing sails and from a
seller's perspective even a bit too conservative (we all think our stuff
is the best of course).  They would not list the Norlam sail and sent
back an old main that passed their thread puncture test, but thought was
too old.

Have not heard from them and I had sort of forgot about it until your
message.  I will contact them next week and find out where things stand
and if that is my sail.

Charles Finn (the absent minded professor)
Mighty Quinn,  #114
Great Lakes