[C38] Tiller?

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Mon May 25 18:24:11 EDT 2009

RE: HIgh seats ungee cords and weather helm

We have a high seat too. It's nice for motor or sailing in flat water. Not
really the place to be when the waves get up offshore. Too much motion
hanging all the way out on the end of the boat. The lee side  against the
companionway bulkhead is where I like to be.

Our experience is that close reaching or higher it's easy enough to trim
the boat that she'll hold a course with just a bungee cord. I like driving
the boat hard, but I also enjoy getting the boat trimmed to where just
finger tip pressure is enough to steer!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22110153@N03/2292845268/in/photostream/