[C38] starboard vs port performance

Marc S. Stewart mstewart at sounddsl.com
Wed Jun 3 07:58:08 EDT 2009

Phil,
Palancar's at Poulsbo Yacht Club.  I seem to recall she has a faster stbd
tack than port close hauled but she sits level in the water.  It can't be
hull shape.  Rigging is a possibility as I've only eyeballed the rigging
tension and trueness.  I've always attributed it to the way the main sheet
is rigged to starboard vs centerline.  It pulls the shape of the main
differently on the two tacks.  I'll have to pay closer attention now that
you mention you have a similar issue.  Annoying to be that different isn't
it?!
Marc