[C38] starboard vs port performance

Larry Malmberg larrypi at linkline.com
Wed Jun 3 09:49:39 EDT 2009

I would suggest measuring your freeboard at the bow, amidship and stern and
see if there is a difference.  Perhaps you have a weight distribution issue
here.  I know on Hassle we tend to stow tons of stuff on the cabin bunk and
under it thereby weighting heavy on the port side.  When we stock up for
Trans Pac we are going to store most of our water on the starboard side as
we'll be on a starboard tack getting out so we want the weight there if
possible.  Just a thought.

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg
Team Hassle