[C38] Windlass

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Sat Jun 13 02:44:49 EDT 2009

I didn't have to modify the hatch.  The chain drops through the bottom of
the windlass (and deck) directly into the anchor locker diagonally along the
sloping aft face of the locker.  My line is spliced to the chain so
everything runs smoothly around the gypsy.  I always have the anchor locker
open when I raise or lower the anchor so that chain doesn't bunch up on the
sloping side of the locker when the anchor is coming up.  It needs to free
fall about 10 inches to work smoothly.  I also watch the line when I drop
the anchor to make sure the slice doesn't twist the chain as it comes out of
the locker.

I have been meaning to take some photos and write it up for the Mainsheet.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett WA