[C38] water tank leaking

D McC cat38skip at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 00:25:49 EDT 2009

Hello Ken,

I have the same tank in Pretty Lady. It split at the aft upper edge due to the bulkhead warping. I called Ronco and spoke to an engineer and he said that there are no adhesives that will bond the poly tank material as it is SO inert. the only way to achieve a real weld is to actually weld it with heat using a plastic rod-feed welding machine. He said that you can try to do it with a high-heat heat gun. Apply the heat till the plastic appears to sweat and hope it re-bonds. I recently found a heat activated PVC adhesive that I plan to try. Anything to avoid cutting the V-berth out to replace the tank which they still list in their catalog. I will try to remember to take pictures of my attempt to fix it and report on the results.

~Dave