[C38] Companionway doors

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Sat Jul 4 03:25:22 EDT 2009

Max,
    I designed a set of doors and had a shipwright build them. They have
a 3 inch wide piece that slides in the bin board slot with a bolt
sticking out the bottom. The bolt fits in to a hole cut in the sill on
each side. The board is held in by a small brass sliding latch bolt at
the top. The doors which are teak with a plexiglass interior are
attached to this outer board  and the whole thing just slips in and out.
They can be removed in one minute and there is nothing to catch sails
on. I do not have to bend down for this so hope to take pictures Sunday
when the crew tells me we are racing. Joe Launie, Macavity