[C38] Companionway doors

William Knowles whk1965 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:18:41 EDT 2009

Max I made a set of doors out of glued pine, with screen and Plexiglas
inserts they fit in the hatch board slots and are held in by cotter pins.
They work pretty good however the pine warped so I am making new pair out of
plywood. Some of the people at the marina have soft doors ( sunbrella) with
foam insulation. They work great. May have one made for Flying Goose. I will
take pictures if anyone is interested .
Bill
Flying Goose

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Joseph Launie <jlaunie at cox.net> wrote:

>  Max,
>     I designed a set of doors and had a shipwright build them. They have a
> 3 inch wide piece that slides in the bin board slot with a bolt sticking out
> the bottom. The bolt fits in to a hole cut in the sill on each side. The
> board is held in by a small brass sliding latch bolt at the top. The doors
> which are teak with a plexiglass interior are attached to this outer board
> and the whole thing just slips in and out. They can be removed in one minute
> and there is nothing to catch sails on. I do not have to bend down for this
> so hope to take pictures Sunday when the crew tells me we are racing. Joe
> Launie, Macavity
>
> Max Soto wrote:
>
> Hi everybody,
>  I just got an a/c unit for Estancia, but I need to do something with the
> hatch boards issue. I'm thinking about installing companionway doors in a
> way that will be possible to retrofit to the hatch boards.
> Any comments, recommendations and of course some pics will be appreciated!!
> Go Larry!!
> Regards,
>
> Max Soto
> C38 #198 ESTANCIA