[C38] thru hull

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Tue Jul 7 01:24:10 EDT 2009

Paul,

On Peregrine the forward is dedicated for the toilet and the one in the head has a tee for the sink drain and shower sump.  I installed a valve between the tee and the sink to close when using the sump, without it my sink would fill up when I pumped out the shower.  (That was a treat the first time it happened)   The only complaint I have about the tee up front feeding the toilet is that you have to go forward before and after using the head to open/close the valve or the head fills up and overflows.   I suppose a vented loop would work but Don Casey doesnt recommend it.  http://www.boatus.com/boattech/casey/13.htm  I have thought about running the intake through another more accessible valve located in the head but am concerned about putting inline another connection in the tubing that would present a failure point.   I would caution using the valve under the sink for intake due to its proximity to the discharge.  The problem I ran into and still live with is that because of the limited distance from the sink drain to the Tee I used up alot of room stepping down with connections to get to the proper hose size to fit the thru hull, then on top of that to put in a non flexible valve.  On top of the 90s the male fitting into the discharge hose restricts flow as well.    My sink takes forever to drain.  I would love to hear how others have fixed this problem as well.

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seattle