[C38] Vibration

Glenn Terry Glenn.Terry at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 8 12:03:33 EDT 2009

Smooth Moves #248 has always had a vibration that I thought was normal.
A few years ago I picked up a line someone left floating at a guest dock
and it bent the shaft (I have the original 2 blade prop).  I had it
hauled, shaft straightened, prop balanced and it was back to the way it
always was.

I just had it hauled last month at San Francisco Boatworks and when they
did a routine check on the engine they found warn motor mounts.  They
replaced all three mounts and realigned the shaft with the engine.  WHAT
a difference!  smooooth.

So while you are going through all this have someone knowledgeable check
the engine mounts and alignment.

Regards,

G!enn