[C38] Possessory Interests

Glenn Terry Glenn.Terry at Sun.COM
Mon Jul 20 23:06:00 EDT 2009

I don't know if it makes you feel any better but I am in SF.  You always
get the unsecured property tax bill but we have always paid, what we
call the dock tax.  The specific definition is:

a person or entity leases, rents, or uses real estate owned by a
government agency for its exclusive use, a taxable possessory interest
occurs.

Just pay up and hope the economy comes back.

I have worked with all the Tax Collectors / Treasurers in California and
they are just doing what the Board is telling them.  They are good
public servants, though elected, that stay in their position for many years.

Regards,

G!enn