[C38] snapped exhaust riser

D. R. Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 21 10:33:31 EDT 2009

Steve: We have experienced a similar problem. Make sure that you release
compression and spin the engine on the battery in order to get any water
out of the engine, asap. If you cannot start the engine right away, I
would recommend getting some diesel into the cylinders to prevent
corrosion. It may be that no water got into your engine. Tom T. will
probably have better advice.
Good luck
don

>>> http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsitems/2000/00-2-017.html
>>> http://assessor.lacounty.gov/extranet/overview/possint.aspx
>>>
>>> It seems California needs money to cover all those illegal aliens,
>>> welfare recipients, and other expenses and what better way than to
>>> sock it to the rich.  (anyone with a boat is rich)
>>>
>>> If California gets away with this tax, we are all doomed in other
>>> states too.  The most reasonable route for appeal is that most dock
>>> fees have gone up regularly.  Many marinas that were private are now
>>> taken over by the California government after California failed to
>>> renew the marina leases but the previous marina operators were
>>> paying the taxes to the state.  Now that the marinas are no longer
>>> paying the taxes, the California government wants the boat slip
>>> leasers to pay the tax but that is in effect a rate hike for the
>>> slip and is a violation of most slip agreements and even some local
>>> laws that establish the marina slip fees so this tax is contestable
>>> and should be appealed.
>>>
>>> Tom Troncalli

Donald R. Strong
Professor