[C38] snapped exhaust riser

Mikenolen at aol.com Mikenolen at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 09:49:29 EDT 2009

Howdy All

Sorry to jump in on your chat group. I'm not a C-38 owner (C-27, Standard,
fin, diesel, wheel) but the C-38 is on my short list for my next boat. So I
like  reading your post and responses. Anyway, Steve, do you have any idea
why you had  this failure? I know you mentioned coming down off a wave, but
was there  something else you found while doing repairs that might have been
the cause,  corrosion etc. or did you trip over your keel and come down
really hard on  your beam?  I had my C-27 in B.C. last year and while crossing
the  Strait I was burying my bow pulpit (repeatedly), got caught just east
of  "Whiskey Gulf" heading for Silva, wind against current, very rough (I do
understand the "washing machine") and never had any mechanical issues,
power or rigging.  Actually it was great, like a killer powder day on the
slopes. Solo sailors have a screw loose. (more than one) LOL

Anyway just curious and again sorry for crashing your  party.

Mike and Buck  (pup-1st mate)
S/V VooDoo Daddy

In a message dated 7/22/2009 12:06:00 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,