[C38] Rudder post packing gland, my experiences.

Richard West rw at idea-asylum.com
Wed Jul 29 19:04:47 EDT 2009

Hi Les,
My quadrant has either been raised or lowered and I can't remember which -
lowered I think.  This was done to make room for a separate steering arm
that is operated by my below-deck hydraulic autopilot.  This really makes it
tight.  The only way I can get to the packing gland is to remove the
quadrant (two piece aluminum).  I don't think servicability was utmost in
Mr. Catalina's mind with this design! ;-)

Rich, Legacy, #360, San Diego