[C38] Rudder post packing gland, must remove steering quadrant

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 29 21:37:58 EDT 2009

Dear People:
I failed to tell you that I had removed the steering quadrant before the
operation described today.
Removal and replacement of the quadrant doubles the fun! The first time,
you will find frozen nuts, and more!
Grease those nuts and bolts before replacing.
I also have the steering arm from the below deck hydraulic autopilot.

Don

Donald R. Strong
Professor
Department of Evolution and Ecology