[C38] FW: Water heater plumbing

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 23 18:48:02 EDT 2009

>From the looks of these drawings, it appears that the valve in between the two hoses going to the hot water heater allows a bypass if you don't want to heat the hot water heater.  I can't imagine how that could be beneficial.

If the heater core in the hot water heater failed, the bypass wouldn't help.

If the engine was overheating, the hot water heater actually adds cooling to the system until the hot water heater is fully heated. Again, no benefical benefit that I can see.

As Steve Peregrine said, Catalina no longer uses that valve so I guess they came to the came conclusions.

I am a dedicated member of the KISS program whenever possible.

Tom Troncalli