[C38] surge/overflow tank

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Tue Aug 25 18:34:34 EDT 2009

Still messing about with the motor. No overheat today with the water tank
out of the loop.

Also moved the surge tank to a lower position, buzzed around the lake with
my access port open and noticed that instead of the usual come to temp
then push air out until we over heat, there was a frothy flow, which makes
me think I had the tank to high and the pressure from the tank was keeping
the cooling system from venting properly. If nothing else the observable
flow seems to have ruled out the spring loaded cap as a source of the
problem.

Having made that observation, what should the relationship between the
fill cap and the hot and cold lines on the surge tank be?

Thanks!