[C38] Removing Compainway Hatch?

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 18:28:22 EDT 2009

Nope........

There is no easier way. You will have to remove the wood trim on both sides
and then remove the turtle, which is also bolted to the deck. If you are
going to disassenble it, you might want to buy teflon tape from Catalina and
put it on the deck slides. This will result in a lot less wear!

Hope this helps,

Max

2009/9/10 <david at dlrfilms.com>

> I've got a project in the works that would be made considerably easier if
> I could get the companionway hatch out of the way.
>
> I poked and prodded and tried to figure out if there wasn't a lip that it
> had to lift over, then started to look at the wood trim that captures it
> in place and runs up along the turtle, started to think about taking it
> all apart and then though, "Wait. Why don't you post a note to your fellow
> C38 owner and see if there's a better/easier way."
>
> So, is there a clever trick for getting the hatch off with out tearing the
> boat half apart?
>
> Thanks!

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA