[C38] Traveler Location?

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 14 05:56:58 EDT 2009

I've attached a photo of my factory located traveler.  The problem with any
mid boom traveler is it puts great strain on the boom but it does free up
the cockpit.  Moving a mid boom traveler attachment farther forward of the
boom would put excessive loads on the boom which is already strained.

We have an older Catalina 27 with end boom sheeting.  I bought the boat for
lake racing near our home and one reason I decided on an older 27 was
because it had end boom sheeting instead of the mid boom sheeting found on
later models.

Tom Troncalli