[C38] Main Sheet Articles

Robert Miller chapuys at aol.com
Fri Sep 25 17:01:03 EDT 2009

I replaced the 2” diameter heat exchanger on my C38 with a 3” dia 17 ½”
length exchanger that I bought from H & H Marine Engine Services in Burnaby,
B.C.  The total cost including shipping was $350.  The part number was
299818.  It wasn’t as much of a job as I thought it would be.  The trick was
to install all the hoses on the heat exchanger before putting it in place in
the engine compartment.  I measured the old hoses from the old heat
exchanger and then added 12” just to make sure everything would reach since
the new exchanger is longer.  At 2200 RPM my engine was running at 190 –
200.  With the new exchanger, it runs between 165 and 175.

Bob Miller

“Bolero” at Southwestern YC in San Diego

  _____