[C38] Transmission Removal

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 12:14:04 EDT 2009

Steve,I removed mine (hurth HBW100) a couple of years ago from the sail
locker. I have no water heater, so it was straight forward. I didn't have to
loose the engine mounts, so when I installed the tranmission back   it was
still aligned. There were two things that took a lot of time, first the
heavily corroded bolt heads that became rounded and had to buy a special
tool from craftsman, the and then that the transmission shaft was stuck with
 the damper. The damper came out in pieces!!! Then I bought all the overhaul
kit from marinegears.com in Florida. It was just around $250.00, The
cheapest I ever heard!!! Ask for Chris.

Hope this helps,

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA