[C38] Track relocation

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 19 00:07:44 EDT 2009

The deck is cored, so in some areas it is susceptible to water
incursion.  The area you are looking at most likely either is not, or is
cored with heavy marine ply for structural rigidity.  The track will add
flex to the deck, so I think that grinding and glassing would be the
preferred method on holes in that sensitive location.  It is most likely
the "best" repair.  Acceptable is in the eye of the beholder, but I
think I would be very cautious in that area due to the loads on the
hardware.

Regards,
Les H