[C38] New Site Feature

Anders Finn anders at finn.ws
Wed Jan 13 20:13:50 EST 2010

Hello Catalina38's,

I'm proud to announce a new feature on the Catalina38.org website. As
few will probably remember, I assist my father, Charles Finn, not only
in sailing his c38 from time to time but in the finer points of web
design and programming when he needs it. I've whipped up the beginning
of what I hope will evolve into the future of the C38 registry. I've got
some history in geocoding and actually got into it before Google did
writing my own Mercator projection algorithms and offsets. But I
digress. Please proceed to http://catalina38.org/map/ and check it out.
I've only included a few vessels so far but it's a start. I'll be
getting as much as I possibly can from the C38 registry as it is now so
if you have changes or would please check your information to be sure
it's correct, I would appreciate it.

Final note: I plan on allowing individual users to update their vessel's
current location (lat, long). If you would like, this means you could
write something up to update automatically from your plotter or laptop
if you know how to code that. I will send out the API to anyone who's
interested and will offer any help that I can in advice. Unfortunately,
I've got a lot on my plate and cannot write automatic update scripts for
individual users.

Anders Finn
Boatswain
Mighty Quinn #114