[C38] Abby Sunderland

Richard West rw at idea-asylum.com
Thu Jun 10 21:16:14 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I know this might be a bit off topic but I thought some of you would like to
know.  Abby Sunderland, the 16 year old girl (sister of 17 year old Zac
Sunderland who sailed around the world about a year ago) may be in trouble.
 Abby was attempting a solo, non-stop, unassisted circumnavigation (the
non-stop part went away about 10 days ago when she had to pull in to South
Africa for repairs).  Two of her EPIRBs have been activated and her team has
lost contact with here.  It seems the closest ships are about 40 hours away.
 A Quantas jet is diverting to see if they can assess her situation.

Here blog is here if you'd like more info: http://soloround.blogspot.com/

Rich West, Legacy, #360, San Diego