[C38] Missing Boom Vang?

Joey Baker motoreplay at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 14:09:27 EDT 2010

Hello,

I just recently purchased a C-38 (hull #112) and after looking around at
some pics of other boats, realized that mine isn't rigged with a boom vang.
Attached is the mainsheet system that is being used, which seems less than
standard for our 38s.  Does this mainsheet system work as a combined boom
vang and mainsheet, or am I straight up missing a boom vang?  I was hoping I
could get some advice from you folks on whether my current mainsheet system
is sufficient and how I should rig a boom vang.

Cheers,
Joey Baker