[C38] Commodore - Catalina 38 Nationals

Larry Malmberg larrypi at linkline.com
Mon Oct 4 11:52:48 EDT 2010

Hi all, time has taken the toll on me not to mention the typical boat
problems, fires etc.  LOL  My time is now limited to rehabbing Hassle, work
and family.  Charles Finn has graciously accepted my proposal to be
Commodore of the Catalina 38 Association.  Time etc. have limited my ability
to serve as Commodore but I will be in the wings, so to speak, to help with
anything I can.

This list is the greatest thing a Catalina 38 owner can have, the resources
are tremendous.  As to the Catalina 38 Nationals, a while back I put out a
request for racers and got virtually no response so there will be no 2010
Nationals, sad but true.

A quick update on Hassle.  She's currently in Marina del Rey CA and the
rehab crew is starting today on her.  The rehab crew got the engine going
and we motored up yesterday, Sunday, to Marina del Rey from Long Beach CA.
Only have oil pressure on the gauges but the engine ran like a Swiss Watch,
YEA!  I was sweating it a bit, didn't want to overheat but we had no
problems at all.

As you probably surmised by now, I bought her back from the insurance
company at salvage.  We are rehabbing her and she will be faster, more
efficient and prettier than ever when we get done and we are planning on
doing the Trans Pac in 2012 so watch out Steve, we just may be there.  LOL
Enough about me and Hassle, the list has been a little quiet for a few
weeks, what's going on with everyone?  Post up some messages, I love reading
about all the members adventures and mis adventures.

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg - Past Commodore
Team Hassle