[C38] Cutlass Bearing Strut Faring

Marc Stewart mstewart at sounddsl.com
Fri Nov 12 00:11:44 EST 2010

Greetings,
I just hauled Palancar for biannual bottom work and discovered that
the fiberglas faring that envelopes the strut that extends from the
cutlass bearing up into the hull is split apart along the trailing
edge and "wiggly."  Fortunately the bronze strut itself is firm.  Are
any of you in the know:  is this a cosmetic thing that can wait, or
is it a "gotta fixit now?"   And do you know what kind of Pandora's
box it is likely to be?  The yard sent me an estimate for a cosmetic
kind of repair....
Thanks, Marc

Marc Stewart
mstewart at sounddsl.com