[C38] On Board weapons

Craig Steinkraus Navion at Charter.net
Fri Dec 10 15:01:26 EST 2010

There has been conversation before about the pros and cons of carring weapons on board while crusing. My personal opinion is on the fence. I would like to carry one, but , do I really need one, and am I willing to put up with the hassle of declaring it at every potential port of enrty? It has been suggested that I hide one on the boat, but in reality, custom officials probably know of more hiding spots on the boat than I do, so that is not a viable option.

 My question is if a crossbow is considered a weapon, and if so, would it be treated the same as a handgun? If someone on this site has any insight, please share it, even if it's to where I might look to find an answer.

Craig Steinkraus
"Wingss" C-38 #280