[C38] On Board weapons

Jay Sorensen jsorensen at novarx.com
Fri Dec 10 15:16:19 EST 2010

A very good question!  My father is actually a felon in Canada for not
reporting a firearm (pistol) and then having one found when they
searched his RV.  He was a 60 year old ex Marine who always "carried" on
trips but didn't really think about it because he was not a hunter, etc.
Talk about embarrassing, and expensive!

My understanding is the bows, crossbows, flareguns, and spearguns, are
not controlled like firearms and can be kept on board without problems.
Just don't use them for fishing without a license!

I thought about using a flare gun as the basis for protection but am not
sure how to go about it.  Maybe someone out there has some experience??
I think a flaregun that fires 00-buckshot would be cool, but what about
that recoil!

Jay Sorensen

C-38 #311 Broad Reach

San Diego, CA