[C38] New Owner w/Roller and prop question

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Wed Jan 13 01:45:00 EST 2010

Dan,

three blades will also give you better power through the chop and less vibration.  The foreman at the yard where we have all our work done strongly advised against a folding prop.  His experience has been that they can have a tendency to open very hard especially in reverse and transfer that energy to the shaft and strut.  I dont have any experience with them so Im just passing along the comment.  He strongly suggested we go with a feathering Max Prop.  We are having one installed in the spring, not sure yet whether it will be a two blade or three.  If your interested we will have a two blade fixed 15 x 13 prop available in March/April.  It was cleaned up and balanced two years ago.   Max Prop list price for a two blade is 1600 and a three is 2600 w/o discounts, hit your boat yard up for a share of the discount on the prop.   Max Prop offers them to boat yards.