[C38] Fwd: Battery Power

Robert Miller chapuys at aol.com
Wed Feb 17 18:19:22 EST 2010

If one of your batteries shows 10.70 volts with a voltmeter, it is gone.
Put a load on that battery and it will drop lower.  Don't know how you are
set up but it looks like you can use either battery or both to start the
engine.  I have four AGMs in my 38 with two 1/2/Both switches.  Once I am
underway under sail, I set one switch to Both and the other to 1 leaving one
battery isolated to start the engine.  That leaves 3 house batteries and one
in reserve to restart the engine.

Bob

"Bolero" #113 at Southwestern YC in San Diego

  _____