[C38] Shift Cable Legnth

Craig Steinkraus Navion at Charter.net
Sun Mar 7 10:03:08 EST 2010

Steve,   Thanks, but I have found cables from 5" to 50', so the choices are
almost infinate. Unless somoeone on the list has some more specific input,
It looks like I'm going to need to throw in the snow shovel and dig my way
to the boat.

Craig

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Smolinske" <SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com>
To: "Catalina 38 Listserve" <listserve at catalina38.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:24 AM
Subject: Re: [C38] Shift Cable Legnth

Craig
I did ours last year I don't remember the size but do remember the choice
was pretty easy the store had two sizes long and short I'm thinking the long
was about 12 feet and it was the right one.   One thing I noticed on putting
in the new one is that the old one was installed with the wrong angle to the
shift lever on the transmission.  The directions in the box (telemorse I
believe) showed the proper angle, that made a big difference on the ease of
shifting.  The angle may also explain why it shifts on its own sometimes.

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seattle