[C38] Cat38 for sale

Glen Robinson g.a.robinson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 10 10:43:18 EST 2010

Peggy,
Thank you for the boost!
However, SNOWBIRD (C-38 # 296) already has been sold--And it WAS a bargain!
The "as-is" price reflected our desire for a quick sale coupled with allowance for a bottom job--and other work to be done--and  lots of little things to be fixed.
Coincidentally, she will be berthed in Brickyard Cove (for other readers: Brickyard is immediately adjacent to Pt. Richmond) and will be renamed "SHOW BIZ".
This was like selling a member of the family.  For over 30 years JoAnn and I have raced and cruised on boats from 21 to 54 feet.  Some roomier & more comfortable, some faster (not many), but there just are no other boats like the C-38!
We had owned SNOWBIRD for 16 yrs, sailing her in the Delta & SF Bay plus many, many trips on the California coast from Bodega to San Diego plus a memorable cruise to Mazatlan, Mexico, and the very best: gunkholing the anchorages in the Sea of Cortez with Bob & Judy on AMAZING GRACE, whom we met in the '97 Baja Ha Ha.
Age, (declining) agility,  & other interests (e.g. finally seeing the USA in our RV) dictated this move.  And it only took 2 years of non-use before we reluctantly admitted the boat must go to that next someone--who would give the proper use & maintenance.
A heartfelt "THANK YOU!" to the ListServe members!  The comraderie, tech tips, and  just chatter have been invaluable to us (Like the Latitude 38 mag, this will continue to be required reading).
"The natural progression of life is: Sailboat--to Power Boat--to Motor Home--to Rest Home."
We're now at the Motor Home stage!  Scarey!!
Fair Winds & Following Seas,
JoAnn & Glen